Business Intelligence Developer
Vitals HQ, Lyndhurst, NJ
Join Vitals today and help us to empower everyone to shop for their health care like an expert. There are no companies better positioned to do this than Vitals and we’re looking for passionate product professionals to execute on this mission.
We do this by creating an efficient health care marketplace for consumers – making them aware of the cost, quality, and availability of health care provider options. We bring together the pieces needed for consumers to become experts – actionable data, digital tools, analytics, search algorithms and cash incentives, saving them meaningful dollars in the process. We deliver these capabilities to America’s health plans, an enterprise market that we see as the best opportunity to affect the greatest amount of change in health care.
We’re looking for a BI Developer who will work with the business and technical teams to develop interactive data visualizations, dashboards and reports. The BI developer should have in-depth dashboard development knowledge with demonstrated experience in creating dashboards and validating results with the business customer. Should have in-depth SQL Query development knowledge with demonstrate experience in writing SQL scripts for testing, reports, and data connections. Ensure data reports meet data accuracy, query performance, usability and functionality requirements as defined by the client. Should have experience in report development and data modeling in Power BI. Should have experience in organizing a large data sets and setting up reporting based on data source.
In this position, you'll be responsible for:
- Work directly with technical and business users to articulate, clarify and document requirements.
- Design, build, and implement BI Solutions using tools include SRSS, Power BI, Tableau, Google Data Studio, etc.
- Create and execute detailed testing plans to ensure accuracy in ETL and reporting output.
- Analyze and incorporate existing reports into the data warehouse and reconfigure using BI tools
- Troubleshoot and solve problems by gathering and assessing relevant information, use abstract ideas to interpret information effectively, develop well-reasoned conclusions and solutions, test solutions against relevant criteria and standards
- Utilize skills in data warehousing, business intelligence, and SQL Server Tools (SSMS, T-SQL, SQL Server, SSIS) to develop solutions.
- Develop and apply working knowledge of the business and domain to confirm figures are in the range feasible values, confirm that metrics are relevant and that all reports are accurate, reliable and consistent.
- Independently collect, analyze, and document user requirements for BI projects
- Debug, troubleshoot and monitor existing BI issues. Issues may include but are not limited to connectivity, authentication, software licensing, etc.
- Migrate data from a variety of sources into data warehouse for utilization within BI Reports
- Provide training and technical assistance to end users and other team members that use BI reports
- Create moderate to complex data models to ensure data correctly flows within the dashboards and allows cross table filtering
- Maintain Data Gateways and scheduled refreshes to keep BI reports up to date for end users
- Use ETL tools to transform data for practical implementation into BI solutions
- Craft and execute queries autonomously and upon request for data and for dashboard validation
- Apply quality assurance best practices to ensure end user report and intermediate steps are error free and produce expected results in the range of reasonable values.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 5 to 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong background in data modeling with highly advanced Excel skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university;
- Ability to display and effectively communicate findings, and recommendations
- Technical expertise regarding data sources, data structures, data organization, and data optimization using tools like Salesforce Einstein Analytics (formerly known as Wave), MS Power BI
- Advanced analytics knowledge and techniques to discover deeper insights, make predictions or generate recommendations.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience analyzing large datasets (utilizing any number of analytical tools)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Time management skills, oral and written communication skills, presentation skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of health insurance plans a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, decision-oriented environment
- Strong presentations skills
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment