New York, NY
Join Vitals today and help us to empower everyone to shop for their health care like an expert. There are no companies better positioned to do this than Vitals and we’re looking for passionate product professionals to execute on this mission.
We do this by creating an efficient health care marketplace for consumers – making them aware of the cost, quality, and availability of health care provider options. We bring together the pieces needed for consumers to become experts – actionable data, digital tools, analytics, search algorithms and cash incentives, saving them meaningful dollars in the process. We deliver these capabilities to America’s health plans, an enterprise market that we see as the best opportunity to affect the greatest amount of change in health care.
Vitals is looking for a full-stack developer to expand our engineering team. We follow an Agile methodology in small software teams to consistently deliver high-quality software. Our stack includes Ruby, Rails, Angular, TypeScript, Node, Rabbit, Solr, Postgres, Redis, Puppet, and Hubot. Our infrastructure is declared as code and provisioned on AWS. What we offer is mentorship, career guidance, a competitive salary, remote-friendly workspace, continuing education support (conferences, books, online resources) with offices in NY, Tulsa and Lyndhurst, NJ
In this position, you'll be responsible for:
- Developing new full-stack features to improve our VitalsChoice product.
- Supporting and enhancing current systems.
- Debugging and optimizing code.
- Supporting the development of documentation and tests.
- Building tooling to improve our operational efficiency.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 2-4 years software development experience.
- Experience with web programming languages – Ruby on Rails and Angular/TypeScript a strong plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A collaborative spirit, and you enjoy working with a team to build things.
- A desire to continually improve, and you value giving and receiving constant and constructive feedback.
- A deliberate approach to software development, guided by automated testing and short feedback cycles.
- An owner’s mindset, taking ownership of not only your work throughout the software development life-cycle, but continually looking for ways to improve the entire product.